Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mysterious Happenings


"It was getting late, and I was sipping an Orange Fango with relish. Not the pickle mind you, but pure delight. I saw the camper pull in. Didn't look too shabby to me. A pull out and close to thirty feet long I thought, but I couldn't tell. The couple looked a bit harried to me... like they were worn out, but that was just an impression."

"Their vehicles were licensed Ohio, but this bothered me. They had no front license plates. That's a law in Ohio as we buckeye lovers know, but I guess they didn't care about the law. They took their dear sweet time setting up their camper, and I thought they might be staying a while. If only I had known then..."

"I caught a glimpse of the woman, and I thought I recognised her. She looked a bit different than the movie star I had seen in other settings. I couldn't quite figure out who she reminded me of... Now I know."

"It wasn't enough that they had taken one of the premium sites at the campground, that was just an obvious choice for two humans and their elderly dog. I sipped my Orange Fango with delight and pondered what the facts were. Two middle aged people, separate vehicles, no front license plates, an uncanny resemblance to the movie star Joan Cusack, and the last and most important clue. The time of their departure."

"The next day--after the sighting of the mysterious couple--it was around nine o'clock, when I heard the sounds of someone loading up. This wasn't an unusual occurrence, if not for the fact that the noise of chains clinking and an awning being refolded weren't coming from that premium campsite with the strange acting couple. I grabbed another Orange Fango (my brain powering source) and headed outside. I tried to get my assistant (also known as my mom) to help me identify the perp, but she thought I was crazy. I know I'm not crazy. So what if I've drank almost five Orange Fangos in a twelve hour period?"

"Anyway, the couple was pulling out. The question was... why? Was this a quick stop on the way to the next set, or were they just a couple out for an evening? The real question is... why did they leave so quickly, when they had taken so long to set up their camper? They even undid the awning! Had someone given away their position to the local paparazzi? Or was I completely wrong about their identities and just bored out of my mind? The world may never know..."

4 comments:

Alanna said...

HHmmm... you and Sam are one for mysteries!! Re: His "love you" blog.

Sam said...

good mystery blog. how do you know alanna?

ps. yes, we buckeyes know that license plate law.

Blog of a College Student said...

lol.. wow...

Fortune Cookie Philospher said...

wow sis, what a compelling notion, is she or isn't she??......